Thursday 8 January 2009

Man Na Manam - Kalaam Hazrat Shah Niyaz Barelvi (R.A.)


Aashiq-e-Be Khabar Manam, 
Mann Na Manam , Na Mann Manam, 
Arif-e-Baa Hunar Manam, 
Mann Na Manam, Na Mann Manam.

 I am in Love, lost to the world
I am not, Yet, I am,
Realized as a soul I am,
I am not, Yet, I am 

 Soze Dil o Jigar Manam, 
Vehshat e Pardadar Manam, 
Danish e Bakhiya Gar Manam, 
Mann Na Manam, Na Mann Manam.

 A flame in love, I am, 
Restless in solitude, I am, 
The all knowing healer, 
I am, I am not, Yet, I am.

 Husn-o-Jamaal-e-Haq Manam, 
Ijz-o-Jalaal-e-Haq Manam, 
Hashmat-o-Jaah-o-Far Manam, 
Mann Na Manam, Na Mann Manam.

The beauty of Truth;
Its magnanimity, I am
I am its grandeur, It's splendor
I am,Yet, I am not

 Sufi-e-Baa Safa Manam, 
Be Khud-o-Ba Khuda Manam, 
Ahl-e-Dil-o-Nazar Manam, 
Mann Na Manam, Na Mann Manam.

The purest of the pure,
I am with him, Yet without him I am,
The heart and vision,
I am, Yet, I am not


Isa-e-Maryami Manam, 
Ahmad-e-Hashmi Manam, 
Haider-e-Sher-e-Nar Manam, 
Mann Na Manam, Na Mann Manam.

Mary's Christ, I am,
I am, Ahmad of Hashim,
I am of Ali the bravest of the brave,
I am, Yet I am not


Raaz-o-`Niyaaz'-e-Khud Manam, 
Soz-o-Gudaaz-e-Khud Manam, 
Karda Qadam Be Sar Manam, 
Mann Na Manam, Na Mann Manam

The keeper of inner secrets,I am,
I am, the reflection of my anguish
He who moves on his head,
I am, Yet, I am not.


These lines from Hz Shah Niyaz(R.A.) shows the height of ecstasy-oneness with Allah। He sees in himself various reflections yet he is aware that-whatever he feels he is, he is not। He feels himself full yet he is aware of emptiness। Emptiness felt after total surrender. The height of Tawhid-Only HE is there, every thing else seems to be present but is not. "I am naught, He is all; there is no being but God's." This is the extreme of humility and self-abasement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

happy diwali friends -top & best wishes in hindi aur urdu shayari

hi ??????? , meri shayari hindi shayari ka kahzana ?? ??? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??????? ?? ??????? ??? ???????? ?????? ???? ?? ?? ?????? ?? ?? ?? ????...